2023 Land Rover Defender Towing Capacity
2022 Model Displayed
The 2023 Land Rover Defender towing capacity varies between 7,716 and 8,201 pounds, depending on your choice of body style and engine. If you’d like to be able to tow the maximum, opt for a Land Rover Defender 110 or a Land Rover Defender 130, and be sure to choose the available P400 i6 engine.
How Much Can a Land Rover Defender Tow?
It’s impossible to answer the question, “How much can a Land Rover Defender tow?”, without exploring each of the available engine options. With that said, every single Land Rover Defender has what it takes to move massive amounts of cargo. Check out all of your options to see exactly what we mean:
2.0L P300 I4 Gasoline Engine
- Max towing capacity of 7,716-pound
- Generates 296 hp and 295 lb-ft of torque
3.0L P400 I6 Gasoline MHEV Engine
- Towing capacity of 7,716 pounds (Defender 90)
- Towing capacity of 8,201 pounds (Defender 110 or 130)
- Generates 395 hp and 406 lb-ft of torque
5.0L P525 V8 Gasoline Engine
- Towing capacity of 7,716 pounds
- Generates 518 hp and 461 lb-ft of torque
Although the most ambitious Newport Beach-area buyers should stick with the P400, even a Defender 90 with the smallest engine can tow well over 7,000 pounds. That’s more than enough strength to transport a trailer, a camper, a boat, or just about anything else. Where consumer vehicles are concerned, only 1/2-ton pickups offer higher upper limits.
If you’re new to towing, feel free to get in touch! We want you to experience everything that your Defender can do, and we’d be more than happy to help you get started.
What Are the Land Rover Defender Towing Features?
The 2023 Land Rover Defender towing capacity is impressive enough on its own, but the advantages offered by this SUV certainly don’t end here. After all, every Land Rover Defender comes equipped with advanced features that can help you conquer long-distance drives and off-road adventures alike. Some of our favorites include:
- Advanced Tow Assist: This feature helps you avoid oversteering and understeering while towing a trailer, and shows you how your trailer will move while reversing.
- Hill Launch Control and Gradient Release Control: If you have to start your vehicle on an incline, Hill Launch Control minimizes the risk.
- All-Wheel Drive with Electronic Traction Control: Land Rover AWD is legendary. You’ll be able to overcome any obstacle.
- Terrain Response® 2 – With Terrain Response® technology, your vehicle will automatically make adjustments to help you traverse any terrain. You can even customize the behavior of each setting.
- Electronic Active Differential: With an active differential, your Defender can send power to the wheels that need it most, so you can retain traction in all conditions.
- ClearSight Ground View: This innovative Land Rover feature shows you a picture of the ground directly in front of your vehicle, so you can move forward with confidence.
- All-Terrain Progress Control: This feature works like a low-speed cruise control, so you can focus on steering and braking when you’re moving over tough trails.
Learn More About the Land Rover Defender with Land Rover Newport Beach
If you’re ready to learn more about the features and capabilities offered by Land Rover SUVs, we can help! On the other hand, if you’re already sure that a new Land Rover Defender is right for you, don’t wait to explore our new Defender inventory. We’re easy to reach from anywhere near Irving or Corona Del Mar, and you can always stop in if you’d like to get a closer look.
More from Land Rover Newport Beach
The 2023 Range Rover is offering plenty of new features, and new powertrains too. So, you shouldn’t be surprised to learn that the latest model will also offer a unique suite of color options! Our guide to the 2023 Range Rover colors shows you everything you need to know about this SUV’s available paints, upholsteries,…
2022 Model Displayed The 2023 Land Rover Defender towing capacity varies between 7,716 and 8,201 pounds, depending on your choice of body style and engine. If you’d like to be able to tow the maximum, opt for a Land Rover Defender 110 or a Land Rover Defender 130, and be sure to choose the available…
When you settle into the 2022 Range Rover Evoque interior, you’ll encounter leading technology features, impressive comforts, and generous dimensions, all in the baseline trim! Although the Evoque is compact (and therefore practical for drivers in Newport Beach and Irving) its smartly designed cabin and useful features will help you make short work of any…